Gerard McDonough is Senior Managing Director of Ankura’s Advanced Human Capital area of expertise and has dedicated himself for three decades, to improving business results through people. He developed the firm’s proprietary Human Equity Value™ methodology, and has expertise in the disciplines of enterprise-level culture-shaping, organizational design, merger and acquisition integration, change execution, and executive-level leadership and team development. Frequently, his work involves helping private equity portfolio companies identify misallocated human capital costs and remove barriers to performance, including the full range of structures, policies, and systems that govern, influence, and reinforce workforce behavior. His work measurably increases company intrinsic value through improved human capital management. He is based out of New York.
Gerry has been a co-founder, or on the founding management team, of four firms, three of which were acquired by larger companies.
His professional experience includes:
- Prior to joining Ankura, he was founder and chief executive officer of LeadFirst Learning Systems LLC, an analytically driven human capital consulting and business performance optimization firm.
- Prior to LeadFirst, he was senior vice president of Customer Value Analytics at Bank of America.
- Earlier in his career, he was founder and managing principal of Booth Morgan Consulting, a customer value strategy consulting firm.
- Prior to that, he was vice president of the Business Intelligence Division for The Atlanta Consulting Group, an organizational performance consultancy.
- Prior to this, he was mid-Atlantic regional director of Strategic Services for Zenger-Miller Inc., a management development and service/quality consulting firm.
- Prior to this, he was co-founder and president of Collegiate Research Services Inc. (CRS), an information services company later acquired by R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company.
- Prior to CRS, Gerry was an assistant vice president, human resources generalist supporting three business lines for JPMorgan Chase (then Chase Manhattan Bank, N.A.).
- News & events
- Practising Law Institute Webinar: “Conducting Compliance Risk Assessments and Benchmarking – A Systemic (and Price Effective) Approach,” 6/20/2018, with Waqas Shahid and Randall H. Cook
- Practising Law Institute Webinar: “Identifying, Measuring and Improving Your Integrity and Compliance Culture,” 4/24/2018, with F. Lisa Murtha and Randall H. Cook
- In the community
Charlotte Soup Kitchen
Pro-bono work supporting the University of Notre Dame athletics through LeadFirst
Blumenthal Performing Arts
Bechtler Museum of Modern Art