A business case is a tool for projecting the financial and business consequences of an organizational initiative. Organizations can miss valuable opportunities and make less than optimum decisions because of poorly constructed and communicated business cases. In this program, participants will carefully analyze initiatives to construct a clear business case that enables the organization to make better decisions. Participants will also apply a library of tools and templates for real-world application.
Specifically, participants will learn how to:
- Analyze, create and communicate a successful business case to meet your organization’s unique needs
- Translate a concept or initiative into a range of viable options for achieving organizational goals
- Identify and compare costs and benefits of alternative solutions
- Apply risk assessment techniques to forecast and mitigate potential problems
- Prioritize alternative solutions according to key decision criteria
- Present the business case effectively to critical stakeholders to gain acceptance